The Jensen Beach Chamber of Commerce offers several ways to stay involved and stay connected.
WAYS TO GET CONNECTED
You gain the most from your membership by attending business to business networking events and getting involved.
- After Hours Mix & Mingle – Every Month (2nd Tuesday) 5:30pm – 7pm
- Member Luncheons – Every Month (3rd Thursday) 11:45am – 1pm
- Before Hours Networking Breakfast – Every Month (Last Thursday) 7:45am – 8:45am
Make great connections within the community and share your input by joining a Chamber committee.
Applying to be an Ambassador is one of the first steps you can take to become more involved in our Chamber. Ambassadors are a team of knowledgeable volunteers that share with new, current, and potential members the benefits of Chamber involvement. Ambassadors help fellow members engage in the Chamber programs and events, as well as aid Chamber staff at our various networking and ribbon cutting events. To be selected as an Ambassador certain criterion must be met. For additional information, please contact Lisa Tufo, Ambassador Committee Staff Liaison (772) 334-3444.
The Government Relations Council advocates in matters related to local and state government. The Council’s overall objective is to continually improve the business climate in the greater Jensen Beach area through dialogue with elected officials to raise awareness and stay in front of issues that may impact the business community. Council members hare relevant legislative updates with the membership and monitor issues that may affect business. Council members also review and develop public policy positions that are “pro-business”. For additional information contact Ron Rose, President CEO, (772) 334-3444.
The Education Committee works to bring about a cooperative interchange of goals, information and activities between local businesses and schools. Initiatives include: Teachers & Staff Welcome Back Appreciation Breakfast, Adopt-A-Class Program, school supply drives, Teacher and Student of the Month, and Junior Achievement programs. The annual fundraising event for the art and music programs is the Art, Music & Benefit Auction. The Committee meets the last Tuesday of each month, August through April. For additional information contact Linda Fitzpatrick, Committee Chair, or Ron Rose, President CEO, (772) 334-3444.
Community Engagement volunteers work to enhance the image and quality of life of Jensen Beach through beautification projects and special events that showcase business and community. Volunteers also assist with Chamber produced events such as Jammin’ Jensen, Jensen Beach Fine Art & Craft Show, St. Patrick’s Day Parade & Celebration, Taste of Jensen, and the Jensen Beach Pineapple Festival.
Fundraising Committee seeks donations and grants to help fund programs and projects related to educational initiatives and historical preservation – The History Museum of Jensen Beach, Inc., and The Entrepreneurship Foundation, Inc.
CHAMBER SUPPORTED 501c3 TAX EXEMPT NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS
- The Entrepreneurship Foundation, Inc. is a specialized business educational foundation that provides resources needed to support entrepreneurial development in the community. The Foundation fosters, encourages and promotes an entrepreneurial culture and acts as the unifying source of educational, government and private sector resources to benefit current and future entrepreneurs. Contact Foundation President: Ed Griffith (772) 334-1950.
- The History Museum of Jensen Beach, Inc. preserves the heritage of Jensen Beach for the benefit of present and future generations. Housed in the Chamber’s Visitor Information and Business Referral Center in downtown Jensen Beach, the museum promotes the collection, preservation and educational interpretation of its people, institutions and culture. The museum also displays early Jensen Beach artifacts, photos and documents. Contact Museum President: Ann Kagdis (772) 334-3444.